Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Swimmer online






Well, there's three weeks left of my fundraising campaign. For the remaining three weeks I've decided post my film The Swimmer on Vimeo.

This film premiered at SIFF last year and has screened at Antimatter in Victoria BC, Northwest Filmmakers Festival in Portland, Other Cinema in San Francisco, Paris Festival of Experimental and Different Cinema in France and will screen at Festival Images Contre Nature in Marseille in July. It's also distributed by the Paris experimental film collective Collectif Jeune Cinema. The Swimmer is inspired by the John Cheever short story, and includes manipulated footage from the 1968 film of the same name by Frank & Eleanor Perry staring Burt Landcaster. This film has similarities with my proposed film Charade in that I'm taking the structure of one film, and abstracting it into an experimental narrative. 

I hope you will watch it, and feel free to watch my other films as well. If you like it, I hope you will support my project. Any amount of support will help, even the cost of a theater ticket or a cup of coffee. But of course the larger donations are tax deductible, will reward you with perks, and will be eligible for matching funds.


The Swimmer  https://vimeo.com/36857538
Funding for Charade  http://www.usaprojects.org/project/charade